Hadlow skip blaze after still hot BBQ coals were dumped in there
By kentsussex | Sunday, September 09, 2012, 14:27
Firefighters were yesterday afternoon at 5.05pm called to tackle a fire in a skip in Warren Gardens in Hadlow.
It was caused by someone who carelessly discarded BBQ coals.
Crews put the fire out quickly using a hosereel, but are reminding people that these coals keep their heat for a long time.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: 'Always make sure they are sufficiently cooled before disposing of them. If in doubt, use cold water.'